About the role
The Pure Group has rapidly expanded the number of stores in the UK from 1 to 17 in the last year. We envisage this growth continuing. We are looking for someone with financial nous and excellent problem solving skills to join our team and to help manage the UK business initially on an interim basis with the potential to become permanent.
Business Mission: We aim to have the best prices, best service, best products and best reviews to become the best and largest e-mobility company in Europe. We aim to solve the first-mile last-mile problem across Europe.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the store key financial reconciliations including weekly cash reconciliations and stock management
- Reconciling petty cash spent in store to receipts
- Reconciling individual store orders from our supplier accounts to invoices
- Ensuring fraud procedures are followed when stores complete click & collect orders
- Monthly accounting processes to a group accounting timetable
- Liaising with the buying and logistics teams to meet store stock requirements
What you will need
- Great all-round accountancy skills, including financial accounting, management accounting & commercial finance.
- Interpersonal skills, great at building relationships with many people across the store network
- Comfortable working with large datasets and are comfortable with manipulating data, working with pivot tables, and using most forms of Excel formulae to a high level.
- You are happy in a fluid working environment and are adept at working on multiple tasks, prioritising when necessary.
- You are proactive and actively seek solutions to problems, happy to work autonomously where required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and problem solving independently and with other teams
- Can get things done by collaborating well with others, communicating openly and comfortable in giving constructive and motivating feedback.
- Is mindful of their impact on the wider team and their responsibility to create and maintain a productive, engaging and high-performance culture.
Our passion is electric. Imagine a world less reliant cars, with cleaner air and less congestion - we want to make that a reality.
Pure Electric are the fastest growing retailer in the UK and have been voted by LinkedIn as the 3rd top Start Up in the UK. In 2020 alone we opened 18 new stores across the UK and Europe and grew our headcount from 30 to 200+. The exciting part is we are only just beginning.
As the UKs leading ebike and escooter retailer we are now heading into Europe with new stores opening in Spain and France. Our aim is to reduce societies reliance on cars, lower air pollution and congestion.
To achieve our ambitions we are looking to hire the very best talent in our stores across Europe as well as at our Bristol/Glastonbury HQ. You will be joining one of the most innovative, fast paced and exciting businesses around. Interested?
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 23 days’ holiday.
- An awesome countryside location in the South West of England.
- Free use of on-site gym, refreshments and fresh fruit every day!
- Utilising the opportunity for personal growth and skill development.
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.