About the Role
Our mechanics are the nuts and bolts of our operation! We are about to open a brand new and start of the art distribution centre in Kettering and looking to hire the very best workshop talent to be part of this exciting new team.
Can you build, PDI and repair e-bikes and scooters? If so, we might just have the perfect role for you. On a day to day basis you will be building e-bikes and scooters, identifying faults and completing full pre delivery inspections as well as servicing and repairing bikes and scooters. Attention to detail, the ability to work autonomously and a passion for what you do is a must! If you love bikes, e-mobility and a fast-paced environment then we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Build and PDI check a set number of e-bikes to a high standard of quality
- Package bikes in ‘Pure’ branded boxes ensuring damage cannot occur in transit
- Perform QC inspections on e-scooters to ensure no cosmetic damage, electrical components are fully functioning, tyres are inflated to correct pressure and insert PPF where necessary.
- Process e-bike/e-scooter returns in a timely manner and to a professional standard as expected by Pure Electric and our customers.
- Inspect, fault find and repair e-bikes/e-scooters to enable them to be returned to the customer in a fully operational condition.
- Communicate with product suppliers to order replacement parts and process Warranty claims.
- Service and repair unwanted customer returns, grading the product into saleable categories of stock.
Qualifications & Experience
- Cytech Level 2 bicycle mechanics training or equivalent would be ideal but not essential.
- Strong understanding or interest in personal electric transport and electric scooters or e-bikes.
- Minimum 1 years experience within bike maintenance, preferably e-bikes.
- Experienced in e-scooter service and repair
- To be a self-starter and be able to work as part of a team, collaborating with the wider Pure Electric teams.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and the willingness to sometimes work irregular hours
Our passion is electric. Imagine a world less reliant cars, with cleaner air and less congestion - we want to make that a reality.
Pure Electric are the fastest growing retailer in the UK and have been voted by LinkedIn as the 3rd top Start Up in the UK. In 2020 alone we opened 18 new stores and grown our headcount from 30 to 250. The exciting part is we are only just beginning.
As the UKs leading ebike and escooter retailer we are now heading into Europe with new stores opening in Spain and France. Our aim is to reduce societies reliance on cars, lower air pollution and congestion.
To achieve our ambitions we are looking to hire the very best talent in our stores across Europe as well as at our Bristol. You will be joining one of the most innovative, fast paced and exciting businesses around. Interested?
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 23 days’ holiday.
- An awesome countryside location in the South West of England.
- Free use of on-site gym, refreshments and fresh fruit every day!
- Utilising the opportunity for personal growth and skill development.
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.