Overview of Role
Working in the People team, this role is a new role following the expansion and the rapid growth of the business. The role will be responsible for administrating all aspects of the payroll activities for all colleagues across Pure Electric Ltd in a timely and accurate manner. The ideal candidate will be an individual who is self-managing and will become the payroll subject matter expert for the business, helping to develop the payroll function.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsibility of processing the payroll on a monthly basis from start to finish for all areas of the business.
- Liaising with our payroll bureau and our Finance team on a regular basis in order to complete the payroll process and ensure colleagues are paid accurately and on time.
- Management and resolution of all payroll queries within the business.
- Manage the process in respect to child maintenance payments and any other deductions for colleagues within the company.
- Process and check incentives and bonuses submitted by the business for payment.
- Responsible for processing childcare vouchers and the cycle to work payments in line with company procedures.
- Manage the starter and leaver process including liaising with our pension provider and stakeholders across the business to ensure all records are up to date.
- Processing any changes to colleague’s personal details (bank details, transfer forms, change of address etc) when necessary.
- Manage the People team inbox and direct any emails to the appropriate person in the People team.
- Management of Statutory sick pay (SSP) and Company sick pay (CSP), maternity & paternity pay for the payroll on a monthly basis when applicable.
- Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data and ensuring the People team system is up to date.
- Completing reference requests from third parties, such as rental and mortgage applications.
- Managing DWP queries where applicable.
- Resolving any colleague payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Ensure the leaver process for ex-employees is completed and issuing the relevant information including P45`s.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests via email and telephone from stakeholders throughout the business.
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong payroll legislation knowledge.
- Enthusiastic and dynamic, yet a collaborative team player.
- A high degree of integrity in data handling which is sensitive within the job remit.
- Excellent communication skills within a fast paced business and proven ability to prioritise workload to meet critical deadlines.
- Have the ability to work alone using problem solving abilities and logical thinking, self-starting and confident to challenge senior members of the business.
- Good IT skills and mathematical knowledge.
- Experience of working in a similar role previously with experience of different payroll processes.
- Have proven ability to pay strict attention to detail.
- Experience of bringing payroll system inhouse is desirable but not essential.