Overview of Role
Working within our Ecommerce team this role will be responsible for maximising the sales and profit potential of our existing UK and ever growing European online expansion. You'll be responsible for heading up online trading activity across the sites, exploring new revenue opportunities and leading and developing a trading team to manage the sites across the territories. We're looking for someone with strong Ecommerce experience, an empowering leader of a team and an analytical mindset. The ideal candidate will want to make an impact on the brand's digital growth and enjoy being hands on.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Leading and analysing performance, trends and creating forecasts and using these to develop the plan for all online trading actions. This includes agreeing targets and approaches in partnership with colleagues responsible for Marketing, Finance, Planning and Buying in order to maximise ROI & sales growth.
- Leading Ecommerce representation in Weekly Trading Meetings across territories, including reporting on sales, key metrics and promotions.
- Developing and management of a team of Merchandisers, supporting development goals, individual objectives and cross functional working between teams.
- Ensuring Ecommerce plans are aligned as part of an overall omni-channel trading and linked to the financial goals of the business
- Pro-actively utilising website analytics to monitor performance, identifying opportunities and recommending new promotions and improvements to increase sales, profitability and market reach
- Developing your and therefore our knowledge of the product, market and competitor tactics, with a focus throughout on customer
- Partnering with colleagues responsible for creative assets and content to ensure effective product campaign co-ordination and to optimise product presentation to maximise sales
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience as an Ecommerce trading manager and managing a team within a fast-paced retail business
- Experience of multi-country eCommerce management
- Strong analytical skills and experience using web analytics
- An understanding of digital marketing channels (e.g. PPC, affiliates, SEO)
- A deep appreciation of the online customer and their behaviours and how to leverage these
- You’ll be commercially minded, practical and demonstrate good judgement; you’ll have great examples of when you’ve spotted and executed on opportunities for growth and profitability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, you are able to communicate and present information and ideas and effectively influence to ensure you have impact
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- Proactive, self-starting attitude