Our passion is electric. Imagine a world less reliant cars, with cleaner air and less congestion - we want to make that a reality.
Pure Electric are the fastest growing retailer in the UK and have been voted by LinkedIn as the 3rd top Start Up in the UK. In 2020 alone we have opened 18 new stores and grown our headcount from 30 to 250. The exciting part is we are only just beginning.
As the UKs leading ebike and escooter retailer we are now heading into Europe with new stores opening in Spain and France. Our aim is to reduce societies reliance on cars, lower air pollution and congestion.
To achieve our ambitions we are looking to hire the very best talent in our stores across Europe as well as at our Bristol HQ. You will be joining one of the most innovative, fast paced and exciting businesses around. Interested?
This is a creative and hands-on role where your ability to engage, influence and inspire using a range of channels is as important as your technical skills as a creative communicator who can execute on communications projects and initiatives. Being the first person in this role within the business you will have a blank canvas on which you can develop an internal communications strategy that will be developed and delivered globally.
Reporting into the Chief People Officer, you’ll work closely with our People Partners and People Operations teams, as well as senior stakeholders across the business. You’ll also work closely with our Retail teams to ensure that store members across the business stay well-informed and are engaged in regular dialogue with their leaders.
Projects/how you’ll spend your day:
- Developing and implementing an internal communications strategy to support Pure’s continued team growth and globalisation.
- Ensure internal communications messages are clear and consistent across all channels and for different departments of the organisation.
- Support with the launch of the Pure culture and values immersion project – ensuring every opportunity to promote and reinforce the Pure culture code is realised.
- Developing the Pure internal tone of voice – setting the standard and social norms for how we communicate with one another.
- Work with people to ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
- Help drive engagement with Peakon, our internal engagement platform, responding to feedback and adjusting communications content accordingly.
- Owning and managing the internal communications calendar - planning, editing and directing the creation of content for a variety of internal communication channels across the year, driving engagement and culture.
- Owning the monthly company update meetings.
- Developing the Pure intranet to drive engagement and better sharing of information, ideas and social interaction.
- Working with Senior Execs to help them communicate key messages across the business – landing vision, values, purpose and performance messaging.
To succeed in the role, you will:
- Be able to balance multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic environment.
- Be able to deliver at pace.
- Be a self-starter who can both develop strategy and execute on it (at this stage in our growth you will not have a team)
- Have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Have great copywriting skills.
- Be able to work with many different types of stakeholders including senior leaders, to get the most from them.
- Embrace technology as a tool to getting the job done.
We're interested in anyone who meets one, or a combination of the following:
- Prior experience managing internal communications for a progressive workplace.
- Proven track record of delivering creative and engaging internal communications campaigns.
- Track record for building strong relationships with senior leaders.
- An excellent writer, with the ability to compose a variety of communications and styles.
- Tech savvy.
- Good eye for design.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 23 days’ holiday.
- Utilising the opportunity for personal growth and skill development.
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.