Our passion is electric. Imagine a world less reliant cars, with cleaner air and less congestion - we want to make that a reality.
Pure Electric are the fastest growing retailer in the UK and have been voted by LinkedIn as the 3rd top Start Up in the UK. In 2020 alone we have opened 18 new stores and grown our headcount from 30 to 250. The exciting part is we are only just beginning.
As the UKs leading ebike and escooter retailer we are now heading into Europe with new stores opening in Spain and France. Our aim is to reduce societies reliance on cars, lower air pollution and congestion.
To achieve our ambitions we are looking to hire the very best talent in our stores across Europe as well as at our Global Offices. You will be joining one of the most innovative, fast paced and exciting businesses around. Interested?
About the role
The Pure Group has rapidly expanded across France in the last year. We envisage this growth continuing. We are looking for someone with financial nous and excellent problem solving skills to join our team and to help manage the French business.
Business Mission: We aim to have the best prices, best service, best products and best reviews to become the best and largest e-mobility company in Europe. We aim to solve the first-mile last-mile problem across Europe.
We operate in a fast-paced, expanding entrepreneurial environment. As such, commitment and dedication are expected from every team member, and in return there will be excellent career growth and promotional opportunities for those who have what it takes and have the desire to make a significant impact.
What you will be doing
- Processing and payment of purchase invoices, including ensuring appropriate invoices for all costs that are saved in the correct location, coded to right nominal code, and paid in line with payment terms.
- Responsibility for French entity within the group, reporting into the senior finance team based in the UK.
- Daily cash monitoring and reconciliations to ensure there is enough funds to meet liabilities.
- Generating proforma payments and weekly payment runs for the French business
- Preparation quarterly tax submissions ensuring these are filed on time without error and any money to pay/be reclaimed is done, including resolving any investigations.
- Maintaining fixed asset register.
- Responsible for the store key financial reconciliations including weekly cash reconciliations and stock management.
- Reconciling petty cash spent in store to receipts and performed other key store processes
- Monthly accounting processes to a group accounting timetable
- Liaising with the buying and logistics teams to meet store stock requirements
- Play an integral role in building the culture of growth, ambition and customer delight, leading by example, addressing issues and poor behavior and giving constructive, motivating and supportive feedback to those in your team as well as the wider team and your peers.
- Proactively stepping out of your role if there is something you notice that could be improved.
- Managing one team member
What you will bring to the role
- Great all-round accountancy skills, including financial accounting, management accounting & commercial finance, preferably qualified/ part-qualified.
- Interpersonal skills, great at building relationships with many people across the store network
- Comfortable working with large datasets and are comfortable with manipulating data, working with pivot tables, and using most forms of Excel formulae to a high level.
- You are proactive and actively seek solutions to problems, happy to work autonomously where required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and problem solving independently and with other teams
- Able to combine strategic big picture thinking with the capacity to get hands on in the detail.
- Can get things done by collaborating well with others, communicating openly and comfortable in giving constructive and motivating feedback.
- Is mindful of their impact on the wider team and their responsibility to create and maintain a productive, engaging and high-performance culture
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 23 days’ holiday.
- Utilising the opportunity for personal growth and skill development.
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.