Our passion is electric. Imagine a world less reliant on cars, with cleaner air and less congestion - we want to make that a reality.
Pure Electric are the fastest growing and leading retailer in the UK and have been voted by LinkedIn as the 3rd top Start Up in the UK. In 2020 alone we have opened 18 new stores and grown our headcount from 30 to 250. The exciting part is we are only just beginning....
About the Role
We are currently opening operations in France and Spain, alongside current operations in Belgium. We are planning to expand into two further countries in Autumn 2021. We work with local partners to support us and we are now looking to build the teams both in the UK and overseas in line with the growth of each business.
We're seeking an experienced Accountant with language skills to run the general ledger and monthly accounting processes for our EU business.
We operate in a fast-paced, expanding entrepreneurial environment. As such, commitment and dedication are expected from every team member, and in return there will be excellent career growth and promotional opportunities for those who have what it takes and have the desire to make a significant impact.
- General Ledger and monthly accounting processes and closure to a group accounting timetable
- Full year statutory accounting process and audit oversight
- Full compliance activities for all VAT, intrastat and EC submissions, communicating with the UK team to ensure are presenting intercompany accurately
- Responsibility for and oversight of all financial processing activities including
- Maintaining fixed asset register
- Cash and other reconciliations
- Purchase ledger - processing and payment of purchase invoices, including ensuring appropriate invoices for all costs that are saved in the correct location, coded to right nominal code, and paid in line with payment terms
- Order management and fraud oversight with regards to sales
- Daily cash and resource management with the group team, monitoring and reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with the buying and logistics teams to meet country stock requirements
What you will need
- We're open to speaking to candidates either part or fully qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Great all-round accountancy skills, including financial accounting, management accounting & commercial finance.
- Experience of working a retail environment or similar is really important.
- Language skills – fluent in at least one of the following; Spanish or French
- Comfortable working with large datasets and are comfortable with manipulating data, working with pivot tables, and using most forms of Excel formulae to a high level.
- You are happy in a fluid working environment and are adept at working on multiple tasks, prioritising when necessary.
- You are proactive and actively seek solutions to problems, happy to work autonomously where required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and problem solving independently and with other teams
- Able to combine strategic big picture thinking with the capacity to get hands on in the detail.
- Can get things done by collaborating well with others, communicating openly and comfortable in giving constructive and motivating feedback.
- Is mindful of their impact on the wider team and their responsibility to create and maintain a productive, engaging and high-performance culture.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 25 days’ holiday.
- Utilising the opportunity for personal growth and skill development.
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.