At PURE our passion is electric. Imagine a world less reliant on cars, with cleaner air and less congestion - we are here to make this a reality. We are on a mission to shape the way we move around our urban environments and at the same time deliver a positive impact on our environmental impact on a global scale.
We are doing this by designing and building the most amazing e-scooters and electric bikes to help reduce the effects of rising CO2 emissions. Our zero emission technologies get cities moving forward; reducing congestion and cutting transportation costs, leaving an indelible positive impact on our communities and the future of our planet.
With over 200 employees and 30 shops worldwide we’re one of the fastest growing businesses in the UK and we’ve been voted by LinkedIn as a Top 3 Start Up UK Business. The exciting part is we are only just beginning.
We’re looking for an inspirational Head of Learning and Development to join our fast-growing Team as we lead the business in all things people through fast pace and high growth. We want to change the world for the better and we stand by this ethos when thinking about our learning and development strategy.
This role will take the lead on a crucial pillar of our people strategy, sitting as a key member of the People Leadership team you will be responsible for setting the learning strategy and agenda to fully align with our business drivers & future planning. We are scaling quickly (globally)and we want to create and maintain a values driven, capable and high performing workforce to secure our future success.
This person will need to build strong relationships with our leaders and apply expertise in both a variety of Learning and development insight and tools along with a progressive approach to identifying and developing great talent.
As we’re at the beginning of our People Strategy, there’ll also be lots of creating and delivery to get stuck into. You’ll be part of a fantastic team of engaged, smart, forward thinking people professionals who work closely together across specialisms to share expertise and ideas with the aim of delivering the best people focused solutions for Pure & its people.
Based in our Wapping Warf office in Bristol (option to work 2 - 3 days in the office with the remaining days remote. You may need to travel to other locations on rare occasions).
Flexi time: our core hours are 10 – 4 with hours outside of this considered flexible.
What you’ll be doing …
- Embedding our values into every aspect of L&D and really bring to life the culture that we are striving to create at Pure.
- Ensuring that our approach to capability development contributes to building a high-performance organisation and is aligned with our business objectives and growth ambitions.
- Designing, developing and implementing a leadership blueprint that will support leadership development globally including accelerating an open coaching culture.
- Designing, developing and supporting the execution of a learning and development roadmap that will make the biggest impact on driving individual, team and business performance.
- Shaping a world leading ‘Pure Stores’ experience academy, growing our sales and experience competences world-wide.
- Have final on the pulse with external trends and emerging practices within the learning and development field that would transform the ways we do things at Pure.
- Providing consultative support to Execs and Senior Leaders, helping them become better at leading and role model Pure behaviours across the business.
- Along with the Head of Talent, lead on the design and execution of our first Internship/Graduate programmes.
- Creating an always on learning strategy that is supported by leading technology platforms – allowing our people to create progressive development plans/learning playlists and have access to advanced learning content.
We’d love to meet, someone with…
- Deep Learning and Development experience gained within a high growth and fast paced business. Experience in Retail, online and Premium brands would be advantageous.
- Subject matter expertise in L&D leadership for an International fast growing and dynamic workforce
- Experience of using psychometric tools to help with team and individual growth.
- Up to date knowledge of emerging trends and best practices
- Proven and demonstrable skills in leadership development and programme delivery
- Flexible style, able to adapt to our varying people needs
- Strong listening skills and ability to interpret and recommend practical solutions to problems and situations
- Brings a coaching style to the business – is non hierarchical
- Demonstrated experience of leading teams and fostering innovation and collaboration
- Exposure to change management and commercially astute
- Credible leader who commands respect and opinion: deliver on time, completely and consistently
- Communicate with clarity, consistency and timeliness
- Ability to present and facilitate at a senior and board level and cascade information across all levels and geographies
- Has a global mindset: Bases decisions on global business strategies
- Comfortable challenging conventional thinking and have the ability to positively influence stakeholders.
- Creative and innovative approach to people development
- Combines excellent business judgement and entrepreneurial flair
- Will have the credibility and impact necessary to influence and build relationships with the business and PX colleagues, and possess the drive and energy required to tackle a wide-ranging and complex agenda