At Pure, we’re revolutionising urban travel with a category-leading brand, differentiated products and services that our riders love. We’re here to tackle some of Earth’s biggest issues and create a meaningful change for individuals and the wider world.
Each one of our ingenious electric vehicles – from e-scooters to e-bikes - is designed to reduce pollution, travel time, congestion and expensive fares in cities across the globe. We put our riders’ needs first in everything we do. We have two-way conversations on and offline, we listen, understand, and help people find the right product so they can enjoy their ride, every time.
For us, success is a group effort. It relies on having the most talented people in our teams. Individuals who thrive on innovation, boldness and treating our people and planet with respect so we can achieve our mission to make short distance travel sustainable, smarter and better.
About the role
The UK PR and Communication Manager will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all external communications and public relations activities for Pure in the UK. We’re looking for a competent and experienced PR and communications professional who is highly motivated, articulate, and able to manage an ever-growing need for engaging, timely and accurate communications on behalf of Pure.
The scale of our communications has grown considerably during the last year and we wish to continue to build on this in an innovative and sustainable way that continues to raise awareness of our brand and our mission.
What you'll do:
- Support the development, implementation, and evaluation of proactive and reactive media relations strategies across Pure in the UK
- Deliver bold and creative media coverage globally, mining high profile stories (POV, case studies, etc.)
- Identify and forge close relationships with key press and media publications, aligned to Pure’s brand and ambition.
- Partner with our UK Marketing Director and Group Comms and Brand teams to develop an ongoing communications plan to support our growth strategy and showcase our mission at a global scale
- Collaborate with Market and Group social, SEO and Affiliates leads to support integration of earner with paid and owned activations.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Point of contact for media queries from business press
- Keep up to date on relevant industry issues that could impact our business, position or messaging
- Lead and coordinate writing, design, production and distribution of printed, audio and digital materials. Collaborating with different teams to ensure consistent messaging with key audiences
- Proactively lead and create engaging press releases and articles, securing PR opportunities to showcase our brand and products
What you'll bring:
- Significant experience of planning, delivering and evaluating successful media campaigns, ensuring that they run to time, to budget and can demonstrate their impact
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills enabling you to influence and engage internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of running a press office
- Ability to prioritise your own workload and support others to do the same to meet their own deadlines
- The ability to build and foster relationships with key influencers
- Experience of managing project budgets
- An outstanding communicator, able to effectively present information for full impact
- A self-starter, comfortable in ambiguous environments and able to define your own workload to achieve key metrics
- An interest in and understanding of politics
Why work at Pure Electric
Our offices in Wapping Wharf are a great space for us to connect and collaborate across our Pure team. By balancing three days in the office and working from home, we give you the flexibility to succeed at work and in your home life too.
This is an exciting time to be part of a fast-growing start-up business with an ambitious future – at Pure, we want to be the company that gives every person in an urban area the choice of a smart form of travel.
We are always learning and developing so we’re looking for people with curious minds and a drive to expand their horizons to help us solve problems and grow our business. In return, we’ll invest in you, helping you take the next steps in your career and equipping you to stretch yourself and achieve your ambitions.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Annual company bonus
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension contribution and life assurance
- Opportunities for personal growth and development
- Employee discount on our products
At Pure, we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need any adjustments made to the hiring process so you can do your best, please let us know and we will be happy to help with this.
We know that the application process can be overwhelming and that great candidates can be put off from sending their application in for a job, if they think they can’t tick every box. If the role looks of interest to you, you’re excited about working for us, and can do most of what we are looking for, please do apply as you could be exactly what we need!
We review CVs as we receive them and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a couple of weeks). We don’t use closing dates so please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.