We are looking for a Head of Property to join our team to develop and successfully deliver the Property strategy for Pure Group. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, autonomous and ambiguous environment. You will have strong experience in relevant real estate spaces and it’s likely that you’ll have your own book of contacts already so you can hit the ground running.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for all property-related matters within the group, including the stores, head offices and the wider estate.
- Manage all new shops and office fit outs as well as site closures etc
- Work closely with area managers, store managers, utility providers and any other suppliers of services to sites to deliver Property maintenance and upkeep
- Work closely with Health and Safety to ensure compliance and correct procedures are in place
- Routine and ad hoc maintenance, service and repairs across the portfolio (including insurance liaison)
- Buildings compliance – fire safety, access, accidents, signage, etc
- Manage facilities, reception and cleaning at HQ
- Alarms management and sites security
- Play a lead role in shaping and delivering the property plan including contracts to ensure the business is in the right locations to maximise sales and profitability
- Develop and manage the process on service charge, business rates & insurance to ensure these are as cost effective as possible for the business.
- Negotiate directly with landlords on lease terms, both financial and contractual to ensure the most cost-effective management of the portfolio.
- Manage the businesses legal advisors and suppliers to ensure optimum lease wording
- Own the Property database to ensure all information is kept up to date.
- Research and provide data relating to footfall, market share/opportunities and identify other measurement criteria that will enable the Company to evaluate sites in high street, shopping center and transportation hub locations
- Line manage, develop and mentor a small team
Qualifications & Experience
- Significant experience in a “hands-on” property role negotiating with landlords and their surveyors directly
- A strong understanding of the wider retail property market trends as well as local market conditions
- Existing relationships with major retail landlords and a network of contacts within the UK property market
- Great Commercial acumen and focus on resource optimisation
- A proficient negotiator with proven experience in contract management
- Experience working in fast-paced, highly changeable and target-driven environments.
Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management, able to communicate and present information and ideas and effectively influence to ensure you have impact
- Proven leadership in managing and developing a small team
- Ideally have experience with international expansion
- MRICS qualification would be desirable
- Eye for design and details and a passion for creating inspiring spaces that help deliver amazing experiences for our riders and our teams
- A self-starter, comfortable in ambiguous environments and able to define your own workload in order to hit targets
- A real team player - you make decisions in everyone’s interest and go above and beyond to help others
- Honest and trustworthy - you are willing to challenge the status quo and be challenged yourself
Why work at Pure Electric
Our offices in Wapping Wharf are a great space for us to connect and collaborate across our Pure team. By balancing time in the office and working from home, we give you the flexibility to succeed at work and in your home life too.
This is an exciting time to be part of a fast-growing start-up business with an ambitious future – at Pure, we want to be the company that gives every person in an urban area the choice of a smart form of travel.
We are always learning and, developing so we’re looking for people with curious minds and a drive to expand their horizons to help us solve problems and grow our business. In return, we’ll invest in you, helping you take the next steps in your career and equipping you to stretch yourself and achieve your ambitions.
Our benefits include:
Annual company bonus
25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
Pension contribution and life assurance
Opportunities for personal growth and development
Employee discount on our products
At Pure, we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need any adjustments made to the hiring process so you can do your best, please let us know and we will be happy to help with this.