At Pure, we’re revolutionising urban travel with a category-leading brand, differentiated products and services that our riders love. We’re here to tackle some of Earth’s biggest issues and create a meaningful change for individuals and the wider world.
Each one of our ingenious, electric vehicles - from e-scooters to e-bikes - is designed to reduce pollution, travel time, congestion and expensive fares in cities across the globe. We put our riders’ needs first in everything we do. We have two-way conversations on and offline, we listen, understand, and help people find the right product, so they can enjoy their ride, every time.
For us, success is a group effort. It relies on having the most talented people in our teams. Individuals who thrive on innovation, boldness and treating our people and planet with respect so we can achieve our mission to make short distance travel sustainable, smarter and better.
About the role
As our Web Analytics Manager you will be responsible for designing a data strategy that encompasses all areas of data and insight that will lay the foundation for success. This will include processes, data reporting and strategy development going forward. You will make sure insights are visible and delivered in a timely way to key stakeholders to drive informed decision making.
This is a great role to help us build our business with plenty of scope to grow with us and develop into a global role.
What you'll do:
- Consult with key stakeholders, primarily across marketing, trading and merchandising, to determine analysis and data requirements
- Conduct a full review of available data sources including:
- Existing data sources
- Storage locations and format
- Data quality and alignment to KPIs
- Data and reporting processes
- Understand the data and provide both ad-hoc and regular reporting analysis from our primary web analytics tools:- Google Analytics, Shopify and Data Studio
- Confirm KPIs and metrics that report strategy performance and support business objectives
- Report on and offering insight into business split (A/B) testing, enhancements to sales funnel and other site changes, taking ownership of tracking quality across website(s), ensuring consistent tracking, analysis and reporting of core website KPI’s
- Mine our customer journey data to help us better understand where and how we can better target and market to the customer in their journey
- Manage, segment and mine data to support CRM based on behaviour and customer trends
- Conduct analysis to detect trends and anomalies, deliver competitive insights into marketing and business strategy
- Take responsibility for tagging through Google Tag Manager across all Pure sites, supporting the user testing process, primarily run by the Product and UX teams
- Review gaps and develop plans to remedy or escalate detections which give cause for concern
- Participate in forums, meetings or events to interpret data and support decision making
What you'll bring:
- Experience in specialist eCommerce reporting tools, such as Google Analytics, Shopify
- Experience in and be able to develop an initial data strategy
- Experience in working across multiple and varied sources of data
- Experience of running segmentation analysis on exiting data to better understand our customers to create matched samples to be more targeted in paid
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structure, data systems/tools and related software and data management policies and practices (Google Analytics, PowerBI, data studio AB testing, user testing etc)
- Creative in your approach to data presentation so people engage, easily understand and are inspired by data
- Proactive, self-starting attitude
- Strategic in your thinking – proactive in mining the data for new and interesting insights that allow the business to be competitive
- The ability to work at speed in a fast turnaround environment, without sacrificing quality of content
- Be comfortable to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
Why work at Pure Electric
Our offices in Wapping Wharf are a great space for us to connect and collaborate across our Pure team. By balancing time in the office and working from home, we give you the flexibility to succeed at work and in your home life too.
This is an exciting time to be part of a fast-growing start-up business with an ambitious future – at Pure, we want to be the company that gives every person in an urban area the choice of a smart form of travel.
We are always learning and, developing so we’re looking for people with curious minds and a drive to expand their horizons to help us solve problems and grow our business. In return, we’ll invest in you, helping you take the next steps in your career and equipping you to stretch yourself and achieve your ambitions.
Our benefits include:
Annual company bonus
25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
Pension contribution and life assurance
Opportunities for personal growth and development
- Employee discount on our products
At Pure, we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need any adjustments made to the hiring process so you can do your best, please let us know and we will be happy to help with this.