At Pure, we’re revolutionising urban travel with a category-leading brand, differentiated products and services that our riders love. We’re here to tackle some of Earth’s biggest issues and create a meaningful change for individuals and the wider world.
Each one of our ingenious, electric vehicles - from e-scooters to e-bikes - is designed to reduce pollution, travel time, congestion and expensive fares in cities across the globe. We put our riders’ needs first in everything we do. We have two-way conversations on and offline, we listen, understand, and help people find the right product, so they can enjoy their ride, every time.
For us, success is a group effort. It relies on having the most talented people in our teams. Individuals who thrive on innovation, boldness and treating our people and planet with respect so we can achieve our mission to make short distance travel sustainable, smarter and better.
About the role
As a Workshop Technician you will form key part of the team in our Kettering Warehouse, undertaking a range of mechanical tasks across our eBike and eScooter products.
You'll spend about 50% of your time building eBikes and eScooters to fulfill customer orders. You'll also work on identifying faults and completing full pre-delivering inspections (PDIs). The team also process returned products, checking and fixing them where appropriate for re-sale.
You'll need to be able to work quickly and accurately to meet our customer SLAs. You'll also need to be comfortable to communicate with our Stores and HQ teams on a regular basis to provide updates and help resolve product issues.
This is a busy, hands-on role that would suit someone with previous mechanic experience, great communication skills and a passion for our products.
What you'll do:
- Building e-bikes and e-scooters from scratch
- Carrying out pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of e-bikes and scooters
- Replacing parts as needed
- Ordering e-bike and scooter parts in line with Company processes
- Identifying faults and problems and discussing with the relevant teams
- Check and repair returned products for resale (B-Grading)
- Liaising as required with our suppliers, stores, and HQ via telephone and email on a regular basis
- Helping out with any other reasonable request that is asked of you by the business
What you'll bring:
- Previous experience in the cycle industry and strong knowledge of a wide range of cycle equipment
- Experience of build, PDI and repairing e-bikes and scooters (minimum 1 yr)
- Cycletech Level 2 or above is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills to deal with internal and external contacts
- Computer literate
- Friendly & open manner
- Attention to detail
- Practical and hands-on approach
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Ability to complete practical tasks accurately and at pace
Why work at Pure Electric
This is an exciting time to be part of a fast-growing start-up business with an ambitious future – at Pure, we want to be the company that gives every person in an urban area the choice of a smart form of travel.
We are always learning and, developing so we’re looking for people with curious minds and a drive to expand their horizons to help us solve problems and grow our business. In return, we’ll invest in you, helping you take the next steps in your career and equipping you to stretch yourself and achieve your ambitions.
Our benefits include:
Annual company bonus
25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
Pension contribution and life assurance
Opportunities for personal growth and development
- Employee discount on our products
At Pure, we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need any adjustments made to the hiring process so you can do your best, please let us know and we will be happy to help with this.