At Pure, we’re revolutionising urban travel with a category-leading brand, differentiated products and services that our riders love. We’re here to tackle some of Earth’s biggest issues and create a meaningful change for individuals and the wider world.
Each one of our ingenious, electric vehicles - from e-scooters to e-bikes - is designed to reduce pollution, travel time, congestion and expensive fares in cities across the globe. We put our riders’ needs first in everything we do. We have two-way conversations on and offline, we listen, understand, and help people find the right product, so they can enjoy their ride, every time.
For us, success is a group effort. It relies on having the most talented people in our teams. Individuals who thrive on innovation, boldness and treating our people and planet with respect so we can achieve our mission to make short distance travel sustainable, smarter and better.
About the role
Reporting to the Finance Director, the role of Financial Controller will lead and coach a team of qualified and part-qualified accountants in supporting the Pure Group. You’ll be a highly proactive and enthusiastic Financial Controller who can help develop our internal finance controls and support the day-to-day activities of the Pure Group financial activities.
The role will vary depending on the needs of the business and you will be required to take a deep dive into the financial processes across our different functions to ensure internal controls procedures are fit for purposes, well documented, and adhered to.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the preparation of the financial statements for all Group entities and consolidated accounts
- Ensure the Group has a robust controls framework with active monitoring in place. Work with the Treasure & Operations controller to ensure all supplier debit balances are reconciled and categorised appropriately
- Complete period end close ensuring the accuracy of postings and key variances month on month are understood and communicated to Finance Director (and Head of Commercial Finance)
- Ensure all recorded entries are captured to enable country, channel and cost centre reporting to ensure the performance of Pure Group is understood versus expectation
- Lead the quarterly Balance Sheet process highlighting key risks and driving action plans to resolve
- Responsible for inventory control (timing of audits) and ensure robust reconciliations and the appropriate valuation is in place (recognising inbound costs and provisions on a timely basis)
- Support the Head of Commercial Finance with the reconciliation of reported sales and gross margin in BI to the financial statements
- Drive continuous systems improvements in Finance including Order to Cash, Reporting and the ERP integration to support the ongoing growth of the business into new markets
- Primary contact with external advisors / auditors managing information requests and responding to queries as required, including external auditors, tax advisors, insurance companies and banking audit teams
- Work with the Treasury & Operations controller to ensure that cash reporting system aligns with the overall monthly operating free cash flow statements of the Group.
- Full governance & compliance across the group from VAT and tax regulations across Europe including VAT, intrastat and EC submissions as well as UK environmental regulation requirements
- Act as Customer service main point of contact for fraud and customer finance queries
- Management of all the store related finance tasks and set up of new stores
- Finance initiatives (Klarna, Barclays, cyclescheme)
- Cash recs, Petty cash
- Click & collect, Returns
- Individual purchases from supplier accounts
- Stock management & counts
- Lead and develop a team of accountants (currently 5)
What you will bring to the role
- You are happy in a fluid working environment and are adept at working on multiple tasks, prioritising when necessary.
- You are proactive and actively seek solutions to problems, happy to work autonomously where required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and problem solving independently and with other teams
- Able to combine strategic big picture thinking with the capacity to get hands on in the detail.
- Can get things done by collaborating well with others, communicating openly and comfortable in giving constructive and motivating feedback.
- Is mindful of their impact on the wider team and their responsibility to create and maintain a productive, engaging and high-performance culture.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with ideally 5 years PQE in Retail or a consumer facing business
- Interpersonal skills, great at building relationships with many people across a matrix organization
- Excellent data analysis skills in Excel and comfortable using systems to investigate source data (knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics desirable)
Why work at Pure Electric
Our offices in Wapping Wharf are a great space for us to connect and collaborate across our Pure team. By balancing time in the office and working from home, we give you the flexibility to succeed at work and in your home life too.
This is an exciting time to be part of a fast-growing start-up business with an ambitious future – at Pure, we want to be the company that gives every person in an urban area the choice of a smart form of travel.
We are always learning and, developing so we’re looking for people with curious minds and a drive to expand their horizons to help us solve problems and grow our business. In return, we’ll invest in you, helping you take the next steps in your career and equipping you to stretch yourself and achieve your ambitions.
Our benefits include:
Annual company bonus
25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
Pension contribution and life assurance
Opportunities for personal growth and development
- Employee discount on our products
At Pure, we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need any adjustments made to the hiring process so you can do your best, please let us know and we will be happy to help with this.
We review CVs as we receive them and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a couple of weeks). We don’t use closing dates so please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.