At Pure, we’re revolutionising urban travel with a category-leading brand, differentiated products and services that our riders love. We’re here to tackle some of Earth’s biggest issues and create a meaningful change for individuals and the wider world.
Each one of our ingenious electric vehicles – from e-scooters to e-bikes - is designed to reduce pollution, travel time, congestion and expensive fares in cities across the globe. We put our riders’ needs first in everything we do. We have two-way conversations on and offline, we listen, understand, and help people find the right product so they can enjoy their ride, every time.
For us, success is a group effort. It relies on having the most talented people in our teams. Individuals who thrive on innovation, boldness and treating our people and planet with respect so we can achieve our mission to make short distance travel sustainable, smarter and better.
About the Role
Our mechanics are the nuts and bolts of our operation!
Do you have an outstanding knowledge of a wide range of cycle equipment? Can you build, PDI and repair e-bikes and scooters? If so, we might just have the perfect role for you. Based in our Glasgow Store.
On a day to day basis you will be building e-bikes and scooters, identifying faults and completing full pre delivery inspections as well as servicing and repairing bikes and scooters. Attention to detail, the ability to work autonomously and a passion for what you do is a must! If you love bikes, e-mobility and a fast-paced environment then we would love to hear from you!
We offer comprehensive scooter servicing and will provide comprehensive training on each escooter and ebike brand from our trained engineers.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Delivering the highest level of customer service to our existing riders and all scooter and ebike owners across the UK
- Conducting pre delivery inspections: At Pure before delivering a scooter or ebike to our clients we conduct a thorough set of safety checks to ensure each item leaves the shop in excellent condition
- As the market grows so too does the demand for puncture repairs. We are looking for someone that wants to hone their skills and help develop new techniques to improve the efficiency of this process
Qualifications & Experience
- Cytech Level 2 bicycle mechanics training or equivalent would be ideal but not essential
- Minimum 1 years experience within bike maintenance
- Eagerness to solve problems, seek out the root cause of an issue and take ownership to resolve it
- Previous experience in a retail or ecommerce businesses
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, juggling multiple tasks at once whilst keeping the team and customer informed
- To be a self-starter and be able to work as part of a team, collaborating with the wider Pure Electric teams
- Flexibility and the willingness to sometimes work irregular hours
- Strong understanding or interest in personal electric transport and electric scooters or ebikes
- Experience in a high-growth start-up company
- Entrepreneurial experience
At Pure, we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need any adjustments made to the hiring process so you can do your best, please let us know and we will be happy to help with this.
We know that the application process can be overwhelming and that great candidates can be put off from sending their application in for a job, if they think they can’t tick every box. If the role looks of interest to you, you’re excited about working for us, and can do most of what we are looking for, please do apply as you could be exactly what we need!
We review CVs as we receive them and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a couple of weeks). We don’t use closing dates so please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.