At Pure, we’re revolutionising urban travel with a category-leading brand, differentiated products and services that our riders love. We’re here to tackle some of Earth’s biggest issues and create a meaningful change for individuals and the wider world.
Each one of our ingenious, electric vehicles - from e-scooters to e-bikes - is designed to reduce pollution, travel time, congestion and expensive fares in cities across the globe. We put our riders’ needs first in everything we do. We have two-way conversations on and offline, we listen, understand, and help people find the right product, so they can enjoy their ride, every time.
For us, success is a group effort. It relies on having the most talented people in our teams. Individuals who thrive on innovation, boldness and treating our people and planet with respect so we can achieve our mission to make short distance travel sustainable, smarter and better.
About the role
We are expanding our product line up fast, and this role offers a great opportunity to see your designs from concept through to mass-manufacture. It is a unique opportunity to develop disruptive technologies that truly focus on customers’ needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and integration of powertrain systems with lithium-ion energy storage solutions for brand new innovative products as well as evolving our current product line-up. You will be working alongside our dedicated and passionate engineers from varying backgrounds and with different skill sets, all focused on producing great products that both function brilliantly and bring us a step forward to a more sustainable future.
What you'll do:
- Set powertrain system requirements according to product level specifications.
- Collaborate with the product design development team to translate product level goals into powertrain sub assembly performance targets.
- Work with third parties to outsource the verification and validation of battery systems, motor drives and motors.
- Lead on functional safety, from component level all the way up to product level.
- Work with trusted manufacturing partners both in the UK and overseas.
- Take responsibility for vehicle range targets including developing a design validation plan.
- Present regular updates to the senior management team with proactive identification of risk.
- Work closely with other cross functional teams including program management, electronics, quality and industrial design to deliver design solutions.
What you'll bring:
- A collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Capability to communicate complex battery mechanical and electrical integration related issues to non-specialists.
- Can-do mind-set, attention to detail with the ability to challenge assumptions and convention.
- Masses of enthusiasm with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- Analytical with a strong desire to learn, understand problems and failures and be proactive in seeking solutions
Skills & Experience-
- A couple of years experience in a Powertrain engineering role, ideally in a fast moving product-led organisation.
- A strong understanding of electrification systems including motors and motor drives and their application in vehicles.
- A good understanding of battery technologies, their fundamental electrochemical processes and their application in product environments is desirable.
- Experience using CAD, FEA, CFD and 1D simulation tools is an advantage.
- A good understanding of functional safety of electromechanical systems is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work well with a range of internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (typically Electrical / Mechanical / Automotive / Design Engineering)
Why work at Pure Electric
Our offices in Wapping Wharf are a great space for us to connect and collaborate across our Pure team. By balancing time in the office and working from home, we give you the flexibility to succeed at work and in your home life too.
This is an exciting time to be part of a fast-growing start-up business with an ambitious future – at Pure, we want to be the company that gives every person in an urban area the choice of a smart form of travel.
We are always learning and, developing so we’re looking for people with curious minds and a drive to expand their horizons to help us solve problems and grow our business. In return, we’ll invest in you, helping you take the next steps in your career and equipping you to stretch yourself and achieve your ambitions.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary 💰
- Annual company bonus 🥇
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays and the opportunity to buy more 😎
- Pension contribution and life assurance 💸
- Opportunities for personal growth and development and 2 days paid personal learning time 📚
- Employee discount on our products and a host of other lifestyle perks 🛴
At Pure, we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need any adjustments made to the hiring process so you can do your best, please let us know and we will be happy to help with this.