At Pure, we’re revolutionising urban travel with a category-leading brand, differentiated products and services that our riders love. We’re here to tackle some of Earth’s biggest issues and create a meaningful change for individuals and the wider world.
Each one of our ingenious, electric scooters is designed to reduce pollution, travel time, congestion and expensive fares in cities across the globe. We put our riders’ needs first in everything we do. We have two-way conversations on and offline, we listen, understand, and help people find the right product, so they can enjoy their ride, every time.
For us, success is a group effort. It relies on having the most talented people in our teams. Individuals who thrive on innovation, boldness and treating our people and planet with respect so we can achieve our mission to make short distance travel sustainable, smarter and better.
About the role
This new BI Lead role will own the leadership of the business insight agenda and the development of business-wide reporting. The role will require a substantial degree of collaboration and influence with key functional leads and sharper focus on remaining channel and category performance. The role holder will work with the market teams to develop a suite of reporting that will monitor the ongoing performance of the business. Designing and delivering a self-serve business insight tool in conjunction with the leadership & strategy of BI.
This role will be the internal expert on Business Intelligence, developing and owning the BI roadmap, ensuring the structure of our BI is maintained and fit for purpose, in line with the company strategy and objectives. You will also be hands on in designing, developing and improving BI reports, working with key stakeholders to capture requirement, align to the roadmap and develop the reports.
What you'll do:
- Develop and own the business roadmap for future BI development
- Ensure the structure of our BI is fit for purpose and aligned to the company strategy.
- Design, develop and implement standard reports in Power BI based on requirements across all commercial and operational business functions.
- Support Head of Commercial Finance on BI reporting improvements.
- Work on key data projects, mining and wrangling complex data from multiple disparate data sources using SQL Server.
- Extend and maintain the data warehouse and ETL processes in Azure SQL Database, transforming data into suitable models to support efficient and intuitive Power BI reporting.
- Develop the business intelligence function within the business.
- Document all development efforts to ensure traceability.
- Seek out and proactively work on continuous improvement projects looking at the way data is compiled and identify opportunities for efficiencies through automation and process/database improvements
What you'll bring:
- Experience in strategic development of BI within a developing business and ability to step back and look at the bigger picture
- Prior experience as a BI Developer managing data within a fast paced and rapidly changing environment across multiple business functions
- The ability to identify, design, and implement internal process improvements; automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery.
- Creating reports, dealing with inquiries, communicating findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders within the business.
- Excellent T-SQL knowledge for querying and exploring data sets in Microsoft SQL Server
- Azure SQL Database including External Tables and Elastic Queries
- Advanced Power BI skills including DAX using Office 365 Power BI service
- SQL Server stored procedures and functions
- Azure DevOps for Source Control including developing CI/CD Pipelines
- Understanding of analytics required by high street and online retail environments.
- Strong communication skills - making the complex simple with the ability to engage with senior stakeholders to translate data requests into meaningful and accessible reports
- Strong coaching skills to upskill managers across the business to self-serve on reporting – building the data management capability across the entire business.
Things we'd love you to have but aren't essential:
- Experience in a consumer facing industry managing stakeholder requirements.
- Azure Data factory and Logic Apps for data procedures and ETL processes
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations/Supply Chain/AX or Shopify
- Microsoft Power App development
Why work at Pure Electric
Our offices in Wapping Wharf are a great space for us to connect and collaborate across our Pure team. By balancing time in the office and working from home, we give you the flexibility to succeed at work and in your home life too.
We've recently been voted by LinkedIn as a Top 3 Start Up UK Business and T3's Top UK Retailer of 2022. And our products continue to receive rave reviews. Our growth has been incredible but the best is still to come!
We are always learning and, developing so we’re looking for people with curious minds and a drive to expand their horizons to help us solve problems and grow our business. In return, we’ll invest in you, helping you take the next steps in your career and equipping you to stretch yourself and achieve your ambitions.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary 💰
- Annual company bonus 🥇
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays and the opportunity to buy more 😎
- Pension contribution and life assurance 💸
- Opportunities for personal growth and development and 2 days paid personal learning time 📚
- Employee discount on our products and a host of other lifestyle perks 🛴
At Pure, we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need any adjustments made to the hiring process so you can do your best, please let us know and we will be happy to help with this.