At Pure, we’re revolutionising urban travel with a category-leading brand, differentiated products and services that our riders love. We’re here to tackle some of Earth’s biggest issues and create a meaningful change for individuals and the wider world.
Each one of our ingenious, electric vehicles is designed to reduce pollution, travel time, congestion and expensive fares in cities across the globe. We put our riders’ needs first in everything we do. We have two-way conversations on and offline, we listen, understand, and help people find the right product, so they can enjoy their ride, every time.
For us, success is a group effort. It relies on having the most talented people in our teams. Individuals who thrive on innovation, boldness and treating our people and planet with respect so we can achieve our mission to make short distance travel sustainable, smarter and better.
About the role
We are expanding our product line up fast, and this role offers a great opportunity to be involved in developing the electronics platform that supports a range of different products from the ground up.
We are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to support in developing the electrical architecture for Pure Electric products through developing the core software architecture.
We're a small team so you'll work with a wider team of multi-disciplined engineers, developing novel ideas and progress these to development into product functionality.
What you'll do:
- Working as a key part of the team, and with an object orientated approach, you will develop the core software architecture that will facilitate rapid development of new product ranges and feature sets without the need to start from the ground up each time.
- Produce embedded software outputs including requirements capture, software implementation and supporting design and test documentation.
- Collaborate with the wider team of multidiscipline engineers to help develop novel ideas, then helping develop these into product functionality.
- Support the Electronics Manager in developing the electrical architecture by advising on requirements to support software development.
- Lead software resource in project-related activities.
- Plan and execute validation activities to ensure that the final design meets all product requirements.
- Generate and maintain software project documentation.
What you'll bring:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an embedded software role.
- Educated to degree -level or equivalent in Software Engineering (or similar)
- Strong ability in developing applications in C/C++ or similar suitable embedded systems languages.
- Experience with embedded operating systems.
- Experience with embedded bootloaders.
- Experience with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools and code reviewing.
- Experience in Git/Git-like systems for version control & issue documentation
- Experience with developing serial communication protocols such as I2C/SPI/UART/CAN bus.
- Experience with BLDC motor control including FOC & SVPWM.
- Experience with developing RF communication protocols including BLE/GPS/GSM.
- Experience with static code analysis tools such as PC Lint.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to converse confidently with senior executives as well as a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- A collaborative working style but with the ability to be a stand-alone expert
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, scaling RDD team. We're often building the processes as we deliver so you'll need to be able to help shape the future rather than expect things to be all set up!
- A sense of fun and a strong interest in our products and mission
Skills we'd love you to have but that aren't essential:
- Experience in MATLAB/SIMULINK & Embedded Coder
- Experience of SIL & HIL development
- Experience writing automated test harnesses/test suites
Why work at Pure Electric
Our offices in Wapping Wharf are a great space for us to connect and collaborate across our Pure team. By balancing time in the office and working from home, we give you the flexibility to succeed at work and in your home life too.
We've recently been voted by LinkedIn as a Top 3 Start Up UK Business and T3's Top UK Retailer of 2022. And our products continue to receive rave reviews. Our growth has been incredible but the best is still to come!
We are always learning and, developing so we’re looking for people with curious minds and a drive to expand their horizons to help us solve problems and grow our business. In return, we’ll invest in you, helping you take the next steps in your career and equipping you to stretch yourself and achieve your ambitions.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary 💰
- Annual company bonus 🥇
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays and the opportunity to buy more 😎
- Pension contribution and life assurance 💸
- Opportunities for personal growth and development and 2 days paid personal learning time 📚
- Employee discount on our products and a host of other lifestyle perks 🛴
At Pure, we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need any adjustments made to the hiring process so you can do your best, please let us know and we will be happy to help with this.