Cars and pollution are dominating our city environments in a way that is not sustainable; both for the planet and our health. By offering the best and most advanced micro-electric transport solutions, we will help shape the way we move around our urban environments and at the same time help reduce the environmental impact on us as individuals, communities and the world we live in.
About the Role
We are expanding our product line up fast, and this role offers a great opportunity to see your designs through to prototyping, limited run and mass-manufacture. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering electronic solutions in support of both upgrades to current product line-up and new product development.
This will involve direct liaison with our overseas manufacturers to ensure our specifications are delivered to time, cost and quality. There will be extensive collaboration with internal departments; overseeing the outcomes that they are responsible for scoping and delivering.
Moving forward we anticipate regular refreshing of our range and product specification and therefore we are seeking someone who can work in a fast and flexible way. The successful candidate will ensure deliverable are met in a timely manner and be able to communicate the projects status (including technical specification, cost and time) to senior management, whilst being comfortable in challenging scope and specification where appropriate.
This is a full-time role based in the South West of England, and is an exciting opportunity to develop your skill set and work alongside an ambitious, passionate team focused on pushing boundaries, engineering great products and growing fast.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparing electrical systems and component engineering schemes, designing innovative prototype products and engaging with pre-production testing and iterative development.
- Generating electrical architecture drawings, component specifications and schematic & harness designs
- Identifying and implementing innovative design concepts and systems engineering approaches
- Liaising with both internal stakeholders and external subcontractors to assess performance, cost and manufacturing feasibility.
- Interrogating and testing proprietary parts for both system compatibility, quality control and fault analysis.
- Preparing supporting documentation such as test plans andreports, safety certification etc.
- Delivering to project scope, in direct liaison with manufacturing partners both in the UK and overseas.
- Partnership with functional leads and department heads across the business, identifying and resolving conflict whilst empowering and inspiring a growing engineering team to ensure delivery of key objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified Electrical Systems Engineering (2.1 or above)
- Experience using electrical drawing packages such as Visio, VeSys, Zuken, etc.
- A good knowledge of electrical engineering components, materials and manufacturing processes
- 3+ years as an electrical engineer working Automotive or Consumer Electronics industry.
- Some experience using CAD and creating manufacturing drawings is highly desirable but not essential (NX, Matlab, Solidworks Preferred)
- Knowledge of appropriate technical and legislative requirements & regulations
What you will bring to the role;
- A good understanding of electrical system design fundamentals, theories and concepts.
- Clear communication of engineering concepts and solutions.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention, demonstrating a comfort with advanced and novel development concepts.
- The ability to work at speed in a fast turnaround environment, without sacrificing quality of content.
- You will be comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- You need to be an enthusiastic individual with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- A Proactive, self-starting attitude
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 23 days’ holiday
- An awesome countryside location in the South West of England
- Real career progression opportunities, with the chance to grow as we do
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.