Cars and pollution are dominating our city environments in a way that is not sustainable; both for the planet and our health. By offering the best and most advanced micro-electric transport solutions, we will help shape the way we move around our urban environments and at the same time help reduce the environmental impact on us as individuals, communities and the world we live in.
About the Role
We are expanding our product line up fast, and this role offers a great opportunity to see your designs through to prototyping, limited run and mass-manufacture. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering micro-mobility solutions, supporting upgrades to current product line-up and new product development.
Moving forward we anticipate regular refreshing of our range and product specification and therefore we are seeking someone who can work in a fast and flexible way. The successful candidate will ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and be able to communicate the projects status (including technical specification, cost and time) to senior management, whilst being comfortable in challenging the scope and specification where appropriate.
This is a full-time role based in the South West of England, and is an exciting opportunity to develop your skill set and work alongside an ambitious, passionate team focused on pushing boundaries, engineering great products and growing fast.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparing mechanical engineering schemes, designing innovative prototype components and engaging with pre-production testing and iterative development.
- Liaising with both internal stakeholders and external subcontractors to assess performance, cost and manufacturing feasibility.
- Creating and assessing detailed drawings and general arrangement drawings for manufacture.
- Preparing supporting documentation such as engineering calculations, test reports etc.
- Delivering to project scope, in direct liaison with manufacturing partners both in the UK and overseas.
- Managing progress, analysing, collating & reporting project status from a cost, time and specification perspective.
- Utilising systems, processes and resources to facilitate the optimal delivery of projects and where appropriate develop new tools/processes.
- Identifying and flagging possible risks to technical programme delivery.
- Mentoring and supporting graduate and newly qualified design engineers, furthering their development.
- A good understanding of mechanical design fundamentals, theories and concepts.
- Clear communication of engineering concepts and solutions.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention, demonstrating a comfort with advanced and novel development concepts.
- The ability to work at speed in a fast turnaround environment, without sacrificing quality of content.
- You will be comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- You need to be an enthusiastic individual with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer (2.1 or above)
- Experience using CAD and creating manufacturing drawings (NX Preferred)
- A good knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing processes
- 3+ years as a Design Engineer working on Mechanical and/or Mechatronic systems in a related industry.
What you will bring to the role;
- A Proactive, self-starting attitude
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 23 days’ holiday
- An awesome countryside location in the South West of England
- Real career progression opportunities, with the chance to grow as we do
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.