Cars and pollution are dominating our city environments in a way that is not sustainable; both for the planet and our health. By offering the best and most advanced micro-electric transport solutions, we will help shape the way we move around our urban environments and at the same time help reduce the environmental impact on us as individuals, communities and the world we live in.
About the Role
Securing funding for high risk, high reward innovative technical development projects is a vital task to bring Pure Electric to the leading edge of micro-mobility technology, and keep us there. If you want to be shaping the future of micro-mobility vehicles and personal EV transportation by pushing the technological boundaries, this role could be for you.
The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding our ambitions and identifying relevant funding opportunities, putting together excellent bids and winning the funding. The role will then expand into delivery of these projects within cost and timeline, while managing a wide range of stakeholders.
Our ambitions are constantly evolving, and with new funding opportunities going live daily, we are therefore seeking someone who can work in a fast and flexible way. The successful candidate will ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and be able to communicate the projects status (including technical specification, cost and time) to senior management, whilst being comfortable in challenging the scope and specification where appropriate.
This is a full-time role based in the South West of England, and is an exciting opportunity to develop your skill set and work alongside an ambitious, passionate team focused on pushing boundaries, engineering great products and growing fast.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify funding opportunities aligned to Pure Electric’s runway across multiple organisations (InnovateUK, APC, ATI, Local level etc).
- Write winning tenders through full bid lifecycle, from Bid/No Bid through preparation, review and co-ordination of compelling documentation to pitching presentation bid to panel.
- Writing bids ensuring high levels of consistency and quality, that adequately captures our offer, provides an accurate baseline for a future project, incorporates lessons learned, and mitigates company risks.
- Understanding detail and wide range of technical projects, including EV powertrain, control systems, IoT connectivity, structural and manufacturing, and challenging where appropriate.
- Prepare all review materials and transparent progress reports for management.
- Production and delivery of presentations (internal and external).
- Following successful tender win, deliver project alongside wider product development team achieving proposed quality, cost and timeline metrics and ensuring next opportunity of follow-on funding or system production is met.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have – Experience managing multiple projects/bids in a technical subject
- Good to have – Experience with Innovate UK, APC or ATI programmes
- Good to have – Engineering / technical degree
- Good to have - Wide ranging knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, electrical and mechanical engineering concepts.
What you will bring to the role;
- Ability to manage the delivery of multiple bids through corporate governance procedures, including parallel approval workstreams (e.g. financial, technical, commercial etc.)
- A good understanding of the way in which projects are managed and delivered in order to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e. project management, finance, engineering, planning, delivery and commercial inputs
- Commercially astute, and able to structure a bid to present the offer in the best light whilst minimising risk to the business
- Strong diplomatic focus, able to manage negotiations across the stakeholders as appropriate.
- A pro-active high achiever with high energy levels, who is used to working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention, demonstrating a comfort with advanced and novel development concepts.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 23 days’ holiday
- An awesome countryside location in the South West of England
- Flexible working locations for the right candidate
- Real career progression opportunities, with the chance to grow as we do
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.