We are building a product range that will earn a reputation for the highest quality trusted e-mobility products across the globe. We will both specify existing products and design entire products with novel features. We therefore need to build relationships with manufactures and supply chains to get the best possible quality and the right cost.
Our first products are already being manufactured in China and sold in Europe, but we intend to grow our portfolio and complexity. We therefore need a procurement manager to work with the senior engineering team to build a supply chain strategy then implement it ensuring consistent supply of world class product at the right cost.
As part of a small but rapidly growing team you will be expected to input into the design process to help ensure our products have the best value solutions
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help develop the procurement strategy.
- Identify, select and develop manufacturers capable of building products to specification, and contract manufacturing new products.
- Source suppliers and component manufacturers for completely new designs of products.
- Audit suppliers for quality, capability and stability.
- Understand the should-cost of product BOMs and work with suppliers to deliver to these targets.
- Negotiate and agreeing contracts to ensure that supply of product is maintained.
- Advise engineering teams on best value solutions for their designs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working with global manufacturers preferably including China.
- Experience in supplier audit.
- Experience sourcing components made using metal forming and fabrication, plastic injection moulding, and electronic components would be an advantage.
- Experience in negotiation and contract delivery.
- Experience in tooling supply and cost.
- Ideally an engineering or product design background.
- Great at building relationships and delivering with the help of other teams (Engineering, Quality).
- Passionate about great products and delivering them to the world.
Cars and pollution are dominating our city environments in a way that is not sustainable; both for the planet and our health. Pure was born from a desire to build a business that is not just about selling products, but to create a platform that could help solve some of the biggest environmental issues we face today. It has become our passion and mission to change the way the world thinks about transport and inspire an electric micro revolution. By offering the best and most advanced electric transport solutions, we will help shape the way we move around our urban environments and at the same time help reduce the environmental impact on us as individuals, communities and the world we live in
We don’t believe we are here to just sell scooters. We are here to change the future. Are you in?
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 23 days’ holiday.
- An awesome countryside location in the South West of England.
- Free use of on-site gym, refreshments and fresh fruit every day!
- Utilising the opportunity for personal growth and skill development.
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.