Our passion is electric. Imagine a world less reliant cars, with cleaner air and less congestion - we want to make that a reality.
Pure Electric are the fastest growing retailer in the UK and have been voted by LinkedIn as the 3rd top Start Up in the UK. In 2020 alone we have opened 13 new stores and grown our headcount from 30 to 200. The exciting part is we are only just beginning.
As the UKs leading ebike and escooter retailer we are now heading into Europe with new stores opening in Spain and France. Our aim is to reduce societies reliance on cars, lower air pollution and congestion.
To achieve our ambitions we are looking to hire the very best talent in our stores across Europe as well as at our Bristol and Glastonbury offices. You will be joining one of the most innovative, fast paced and exciting businesses around. Interested?
About the role
To take the lead on people focused safety initiatives to enable a safe working environment across our retail estate. You'll help lead the key safety objectives for Pure Electric and play a leading part in implementing our safety strategy and vision.
What you will be doing
- Lead the development of our H&S framework, that includes monitoring performance against objectives and providing further enhancement to our H&S plan
- Take the lead on a new pro-active Health and Safety culture
- Plan, write & deliver new safety training for the Pure staff team.
- Drive safety improvements by lessons learnt and best practice
- Provide monthly operational updates for monthly board review
- Implement robust monitoring, audit and reporting on performance, training and compliance
- Support key internal stakeholders with safety assistance
- Creating safety roll out plans for new stores, ahead of go-live
- Aid and shadow all Landlord & Insurers audits and inspections
- Evolve the induction program for new starters and contractors
- Continually review work processes and ensure they're aligned to our safety working procedures
- Assist with accident/incident investigations, create remedial work plans and ensure these are seen through to completion
- Organise, participate and lead safety team meetings
- Notify, liaise and consult with relevant external authorities
- Give further enhancement to our current contractor controls for all business areas
- Support crisis, incident and BCP management
- Contribute to ADHOC projects and ensure that all H&S risk is adequately managed
What you will need
- You'll have achieved a Level 5 NVQ in Occupational Health & Safety, NEBOSH Diploma in OHS or a similar qualification
- You should have previous experience of working in safety across a retail estate
- Previous practical experience in the creation, implementation and monitoring of H&S management systems
- Sound knowledge of CV19 and the implementation for operational environments
- Be able to deal with demanding situations
- Remain objective and focus on the wider outcome
- Able to lead and manage change
- Results orientated and tenacious
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and 23 days’ holiday.
- An awesome countryside location in the South West of England.
- Free use of on-site gym, refreshments and fresh fruit every day!
- Utilising the opportunity for personal growth and skill development.
At Pure Electric we celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it. Diversity benefits our colleagues, our products, and our customers. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.